I was visiting some show homes with one of my daughters a short time ago as she has entered the market for a home. Like any 20 something, she is inexperienced in the process, but having grown up around the real estate business, she is more aware than most first time buyers. That being said, it was interesting to watch the NEW home process through her eyes and reality. What became clear quickly is how unprepared buyers are to evaluate the “value” of the new home they are viewing, and how poor builders are at presenting their product. Of course, there are show homes and sales staff, but I noticed a great deal of confusion in articulating clearly what exactly you get IN and ON your new home. In the industry they are called “specifications”, and, you need to pay attention to them properly to understand what you are getting in your home. (It’s likely not exactly what you are seeing in the show home.)
- Hurry Up . . . And Wait
- The Art Of Negotiation?
- The Right Builder Is Not Your Buddy – They Are Pro...
- Make Sure You Know What You’re Getting – SPECIFICA...
- It’s A Little Work That’s Worth A Lot!
- Evaluate “PRICE” Carefully
- Location. Location. Evaluation?
- Get The Greatest Economic Force Working For You.
- ▼ May (8)